The weekend of March 5-6, 2016, Code for America will hold its fifth annual CodeAcross event. CodeAcross is a weekend of civic hacking events hosted by nodes of the Code for America network around the world. It is timed to coincide with International Open Data Day. The goal of CodeAcross is to activate the Code for America network and inspire residents everywhere to get actively involved in their community.
Who should get involved? Urbanists, civic hackers, government staff, developers, designers, community organizers, and anyone with the passion to make their city better.
- Organizer's Playbook has a great section on organizing and hosting days of action.
- Code of Conduct and guide on how to make it effective.
- Template: Welcome Slide Deck
- Review the slides and watch our first organizing workshop
- Review the slides and watch our second organizing workshop