RecordTrac makes public records requests friendlier for the public and easier for governments to manage.
You can set up RecordTrac if you have:
- A list of emails for records liaisons by department
- Accounts, or ability to sign up for accounts, at Heroku, Scribd, and Sendgrid
- A high level commitment to deliver records online.
|Environment||Python application built on a backend Flask framework.|
|Redeploy||Use the RecordTrac setup application or follow Heroku installation instructions on GitHub.|
How it works
RecordTrac makes the process of requesting and delivering official public records simpler and fully compliant with local policies. It works best when cities:
- Track all public records requests through RecordTrac, even if originally received it through other channels
- Thoroughly redact documents before posting
- Upload scanned copies of the [redacted] records to RecordTrac. This prevents answering the same public records request multiple times and provides proof you responded.
This is the open-source version. There is a proprietary version offered as a hosted service by NextRequest.